Transfer Admissions

What's in a Completed Application Package?

Your completed application package will include:

  1. A completed Application for Undergraduate Admission.
  2. The application fee.
  3. Official Academic Record(s)
    1. If you have not completed high school, you must submit:
      1. A copy of the G.E.D. and
      2. School transcripts of all high school course work attempted.
    2. If you have not successfully completed 24 credits of college coursework, you must submit:
      1. An official high school transcript.*
      2. Students who will have completed less than 24 college-level credits by the time of matriculation at UMass Lowell, a score from the Scholastic Aptitude Test (SAT) of the College Entrance Examination Board (CEEB) or a score from the American College Test (ACT) will be required. The CEEB code number for UMass Lowell is 3911.
        *A high school transcript may be requested of any applicant.
    3. If you have attended a U.S. college, you must submit:
      1. Official college transcripts, from all colleges attended, sent from the Registrar’s office. (Photocopies are not acceptable.) Only courses with grades of “C-” or better are transferable.
      2. A list of all courses not shown on transcripts. Use the space designed for this on the application, or submit a separate list.
    4. If you have attended an international college, you are required to submit the following materials
      1. A TOEFL test score if English is not your first language and/or the language of instruction at your prior institution was not English. Students who have completed the equivalent of UMass Lowell College Writing 1 and 2 (courses 42.101 and 42.102) with a C or better need not submit a TOEFL.
      2. All transcripts from international institutions must be evaluated by World Education Services (WES),; (telephone) 212-219-7330.
        1. NOTE: UMass Lowell requires TWO transcripts, one as described above in #3 and one evaluated by World Education Services.
      3. Course descriptions are required for all of your undergraduate coursework. All transcripts and course descriptions in languages other than English must be translated and notarized by a professional agency. There is no guarantee of transfer credit without translated course descriptions.

Additional information for international students can be found on the International Applicants website.

Mail or deliver your application materials to:

Office of Undergraduate Admissions
University Crossing, Suite 420
220 Pawtucket St.
Lowell, MA 01854-2874