Computer Replenishment Program
Dell is now our exclusive vendor for Windows computers. For current standards of both Windows and Mac systems, please review our supported configuration document. If you are in need of a computer, send an email to Computer_Configurations@uml.edu.
The Computer Replenishment Program's objectives include:
- Standardizing models/configurations of desktop and laptops used on the UMass Lowell campus.
- Standardizing UMass Lowell’s software deployment by having a standard image with licensed software on each computer.
- Working toward having our desktop and laptop technology be no more than 4 years old to support faculty and staff computing requirements.
- Normalizing our spending on computer technology by replacing approximately 25% of UMass Lowell’s computer inventory each year.
- Establishing a centralized project budget to pay for computers acquired through the program; department budgets will not need to pay for computers through this program unless they select the premium Windows or Apple models.
- Offering robust support for faculty and staff who are issued computers through this program.
If you have specific questions about the Computer Replenishment Program, please contact the IT Service Desk at 978-934-4357 (on campus: 4-4357) or email firstname.lastname@example.org