- Purchasing—purchase orders
- Accounts Payable—invoice processing
- Expenses—travel and employee reimbursement
- General Ledger—chart fields and budgeting
- Asset Management—tracking University property
- Grants Management—the Office of Research Administration handles grant proposals, awards and financial management
The primary users of e*mpac are located in the Wannalancit Business Center. Departmental users and principal investigators across the UMass Lowell campus may obtain access to the system to the following:
- Enter and approve requisitions
- Inquire about purchase orders
- View vendor information
- Research budget balances and transactions
- Generate, view and print ad-hoc financial reports
- View and print month-end financial reports
- Inquire about grant proposals, awards and grant-related budget data
Access to e*mpac
Automatically Granted Access:
- Non-student Employees are granted access to the "Shopper" Role.
Manually Granted Access:
Staff access is granted upon request and appropriate approvals. Employees request access via an electronic form with approvals from their direct supervisor. All request get reviewed and have security roles/access approved by data custodians. Fully approved forms are forwarded to the Security Administrator, who will apply the approved security requests.
Termination of Access
All access is terminated once a person is no longer employed at UMass.