Accounts Payable—invoice processing
Expenses—travel and employee reimbursement
General Ledger—chart fields and budgeting
Asset Management—tracking University property
Grants Management—the Office of Research Administration handles grant proposals, awards and financial management
The primary users of e*mpac are located in the Wannalancit Business Center. Departmental users and principal investigators across the UMass Lowell campus may obtain access to the system to the following:
- Enter and approve requisitions
- Inquire about purchase orders
- View vendor information
- Research budget balances and transactions
- Generate, view and print ad-hoc financial reports
- View and print month-end financial reports
- Inquire about grant proposals, awards and grant-related budget data
Access to e*mpac
Automatically Granted Access:
- Non-student Employees are granted access to the "Shopper" Role.
Manually Granted Access:
Staff access is granted upon request and appropriate approvals. Employees request access via an electronic form with approvals from their direct supervisor. All request get reviewed and have security roles/access approved by data custodians. Fully approved forms are forwarded to the Security Administrator, who will apply the approved security requests.
Termination of Access
All access is terminated once a person is no longer employed at UMass.