Department Dedicated Honors Courses
Sometimes academic departments offer dedicated Honors Courses that are neither Honors Seminars nor are they on the approved General Education lists.
These courses can satisfy the H3 requirement. If the course is a 300/400 level course it would satisfy the H5 requirement.
If the course is a department specific freshmen seminar, it will not satisfy any of the H1-H8 honors requirements. However, Honors Students are encouraged to take these courses. They will be enriched courses, they will have a lower enrollment, and they bring Honors Students together.
For the latest course information please consult the UMass Lowell online catalog.
These courses will not satisfy any H1-H8:
- Introduction to Business (honors)
- Introduction to Engineering I
- First Year Management Seminar
- Freshmen Seminar in Biology
These courses will satisfy the H3 requirement:
- Gender, Race, and Crime (honors)
- Forensic Psychopathology (honors)
- Accounting/Managerial (honors)
- Marketing Principles (honors)
- Operations Analysis Techniques (honors)
- Professional Communications
- Introduction to Corrections (honors)
- Computing I (honors)
- Computing II (honors)
- Computing III (honors)
- Honors Physics II
These courses will satisfy the H5 requirement:
- Gender, Race, and Crime
- Forensic Psychopathology