In the Sociology Department, We create an environment where our students can thrive and succeed. Below current students can find links to resources that will help guide them throughout their university experience as a Sociology Major.
Sociology Related Information
- Stay updated with current stories in the Sociology Department by liking our Facebook page.
- American Sociological Association - (ASA) Provides information related to the field of sociology, current sociological research, and job search engines related to Sociology.
- ASA Research Blog - The American Sociological Association reports on their current projects and research. The blog also is a place for discussion for sociologists and interested readers.
- Association for Applied and Clinical Sociology - "Using Sociological knowledge to promote beneficial social change" Find out more about the field of applied sociology and how studying sociology can change the world for the better.
- Sociological Images - A blog that discusses Sociology and telling people's stories through the use of photography.
- 21st Century Nomad - This blog is designed to engage the public on sociological related issues.
Academic Support Services
Contact the chair Mignon Duffy about advising and your sociology advisor: Mignon_Duffy@uml.edu
Student Support and Wellness
- Health Services - Provides diagnosis and treatment of illnesses. There is no fee for any care given at Health Services.
- Counseling Services - Confidential individual counseling, crisis intervention, psychiatric services, and alcohol/drug counseling.
- Veterans Services - Serves veterans, reservists, and all active duty military students.
- Campus Safety and Police
Emergency contact: 978-934-4911
Non-emergency contact 978-934-2398.