What is Stress Relief Day?
Stress Relief Day is an event where students can come relax, have fun, exercise and just de-stress before finals! There are several fun and healthy activities, raffle items and giveaways. This event is free and open to all UMass Lowell students with proper UCARD ID.
Stress Relief Day is sponsored by the Network of Health Educators (N.H.E) committee and includes staff from Campus Recreation, Student Health Services, Counseling Services, Disability Services, Student Activities, Residence Life and Campus Ministry. University Dining Services also provides a free frozen yogurt sundae bar at each Stress Relief Day event.
When Is Relief Day?
Stress Relief Day is typically held on Reading Day or very close to Reading Day in the fall and spring semesters at the Campus Recreation Center (CRC) inside the basketball courts.
The next Stress Relief Day Event will be held on Friday, May 2 2013 from 3-6 p.m. at the CRC.
Typical Stress Relief Day Activities
- Free 15 minute mini-massages and Reiki massage
- Play with Arts and Crafts
- "Make Your Own" trail mix, worry beads, door hangers
- Labyrinth-walk away your worries!
- Important info on sleep, nutrition, and wellness
- Guided imagery sessions
- Free fitness assessments that include body composition, cardiovascular endurance, muscular endurance and flexibility
- Check your blood pressure
- Special Group Fitness classes held in the gymnasium
Stress Relief Day Spring 2014
The spring 2014 Stress Relief Day event will be held on Friday, May 2 from 3-6 p.m. at the CRC. Programs TBA.
For more information on Stress Relief Day, please contact Diana Davis from Campus Recreation or Tracy Moore from Student Health Services.
Previous Stress Relief Day Events