Massachusetts state law requires that all students be enrolled in a student health insurance program that meets the comparable benefits established by the state of Massachusetts.
Please complete the online Enroll/Waive Health Insurance Form to either enroll in the UMass Lowell plan or waive coverage if you have this coverage under a comparable benefit plan. You must complete this online form every academic year you are enrolled.
How to Enroll/Waive a Health Plan:
- Access the enroll/waive health insurance link through your iSiS account.
- View a tutorial (pdf) on how to enroll or waive health insurance.
Once you complete the online waiver process, you can see the charge removed on your Account Summary Screen in iSiS.
All students who withdraw from or drop all of their classes within the first 31 calendar days of the academic semester are not allowed to be enrolled in the University Student Health Insurance Plan.
What are the state-mandated health insurance benefits?
Required benefits, subject to change, include:
- Comprehensive coverage of primary and preventative care, emergency services, surgical services, hospitalization benefits, ambulatory patient services and mental health benefits
- $50,000 maximum aggregate indemnity per illness or injury per year
- Coverage 24 hours a day, anywhere in the world, for a 12-month period with some exclusions, co-payments and deductibles
Annual Student Health Insurance Plan Charges ($ U.S.) for 2013-2014
|Full Year Plan
||August 1, 2013 through July 31, 2014
Waiver process is available through iSiS beginning mid-July, 2013
Last day to waive the health insurance is early October
||January 1, 2014 through July 31, 2014
Waiver process is available through iSiS beginning December 2, 2013
Last day to waive the health insurance is early March