UTeach is an Innovative Program
UTeach is a practice-oriented teacher preparation program with a focus on inquiry-based and project-based instruction. Further information can be found on the UTeach website.
We are committed to developing young teachers whose professional practice embraces inquiry, design and engagement through application.
UTeach is fundamentally different from most teacher preparation programs. Here's why:
- students gain extensive classroom experience starting with the first course
- all courses are focused on math and science content and teaching
- the practice-oriented classes are taught by master teachers who have K-12 classroom experience
- students benefit from a great deal of mentoring, even prior to apprentice teaching
- we offer a supportive community focused on helping you succeed
UTeach Student Stories