What's in a Completed Application Package?
Your completed application package will include:
- A completed Application for Undergraduate Admission.
- The application fee.
- Official Academic Record(s)
- If you have not completed high school, you must submit:
- A copy of the G.E.D. and
- School transcripts of all high school course work attempted.
- If you have not successfully completed 24 credits of college coursework, you must submit:
- An official high school transcript.*
- Students who will have completed less than 24 college-level credits by the time of matriculation at UMass Lowell, a score from the Scholastic Aptitude Test (SAT) of the College Entrance Examination Board (CEEB) or a score from the American College Test (ACT) will be required. The CEEB code number for UMass Lowell is 3911.
*A high school transcript may be requested of any applicant.
- If you have attended a U.S. college, you must submit:
- Official college transcripts, from all colleges attended, sent from the Registrar’s office. (Photocopies are not acceptable.) Only courses with grades of “C-” or better are transferable.
- A list of all courses not shown on transcripts. Use the space designed for this on the application, or submit a separate list.
- If you have attended an international college, you are required to submit the following materials
- A TOEFL test score if English is not you first language and/or the language of instruction at your prior institution was not English. Student who have completed the equivalent of UMass Lowell College Writing 1 and 2 (courses 42.101 and 42.102) with a C or better need not submit a TOEFL. www.ets.org/toefl
- All transcripts from international institutions must be evaluated by the Center for Educational Documentation, P.O. Box 325, Boston, MA 02130: www.cedevaluations.com; (tel) 617-522-4738; (fax) 617-983-5232
- NOTE: UMass Lowell requires TWO transcripts, one as described above in #3 and one evaluated by the Center for Educational Documentation.
- Course descriptions are required for all of your undergraduate coursework. All transcripts and course descriptions in languages other than English must be translated and notarized by a professional agency. There is no guarantee of transfer credit without translated course descriptions.
Additional information for international students is available at www.uml.edu/internationalstudents
Mail or deliver your application materials to:
Office of Undergraduate Admissions
883 Broadway, Suite 110
Lowell, MA 01854