Welcome UMass Lowell Alumni!
The UMass Lowell Alumni Office would like to congratulate the members of the Class of 2015 on their graduation! Your Commencement ceremony is just the beginning of the great things that you can accomplish. While you may move on or move away, the bond that you have formed with UMass Lowell can last a lifetime. As alumni, you will continue to be important members of our University community. Explore all that UMass Lowell has to offer you, as you begin the next step on your journey. Shortly after graduation, all undergraduate, graduate, doctoral and international students who complete studies will receive a welcome letter and alumni ID card that entitles you to many benefits as well as access to our online alumni community. You can also join our alumni social networks:
It pays to be a graduate of the University of Massachusetts Lowell. As an alumnus/a, you can participate in social, educational, cultural and athletic programs to expand your network of alumni contacts. Come back to campus often, and join friends and fans for Homecoming, reunions and athletic receptions.
Alumni can save nationwide on car rentals, hotel visits and insurance. They can also save at restaurants and retail establishments in greater Lowell and on campus. Alumni have free access to the University’s libraries, the Office of Career Services and any number of alumni events throughout the year. Alumni may also become members at our Campus Recreation Center.
For more information about the benefits and services that are offered to UMass Lowell alumni, visit the Advancement website.
Also, check out the UMass Lowell gear available at the bookstore.
Health Insurance After Graduation
Graduating seniors' school insurance plan coverage terminates on July 31, 2013. The new Health Care Law provides options for finding the best health plan for graduating seniors. Refer to www.YoungInvincibles.org regarding health insurance changes with the Health Care Reform Act.
Some benefits now available:
Options for obtaining health insurance coverage after graduating are:
- Dependent Coverage under a parent's insurance plan up to age 26.
- New Health Care Rights and Protections
- Coverage for Uninsured young adults with Pre-existing Conditions.
- Stay on parents' insurance plan until you turn 26.
- Employer Health Plan
- Buy Health Plan on your own. Refer to www.healthcare.gov. This site will tell you about health care options available in the state where you live.
- Online Insurance. Check websites like www.ehealthinsurance.com. When buying online insurance; be sure to read fine print. Some plans may have restrictions and high deductibles; or, may not cover your condition.
- Temporary Health Insurance as offered through www.gallagherkoster.com