Financial Aid

Continuing Education Students

To qualify for any type of financial assistance you must be in an approved degree or certificate program. As a continuing education student you may qualify for scholarships, grants (gift aid that does not need to be repaid) and loans (money lent to a student that requires repayment during a specified period, usually following the termination of studies). To qualify for financial assistance you must complete the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA).

In order for us to determine your financial aid eligibility, we must have your processed FAFSA form on file and confirmation of your acceptance into a degree/certificate program with the Continuing Education Division. You will be notified of your financial aid via the Financial Aid Award Notification Letter. Your initial award is based on half time enrollment (6-8 credits). If your enrollment is other half time, revisions to your financial aid awards will made at the end of the add/drop period.

Please be advised that you need to maintain an enrollment status of at least 6 credits during the Fall and Spring semesters to receive most types of financial assistance including student loans.