For Faculty and Staff
This year, UMass Lowell will hold two Commencement Ceremonies. The morning ceremony will take place at 9 a.m. on Saturday, May 16, 2015, followed by the afternoon ceremony at 2:30 p.m. the same day. Both ceremonies will take place at the Tsongas Center at UMass Lowell.
Faculty intending to participate in the Commencement procession should RSVP to Commencement@uml.edu. Please indicate which ceremony you will be attending. This is required to develop a seating plan.
Commencement is a very special time for our students. It is the culmination of all that they have worked so hard to achieve. This ceremony represents an opportunity for faculty, staff and administrators to come together with families and friends to celebrate the accomplishments of our graduates and to mark the transition to the next stage of their journey. As a member of the faculty, you played an integral role in that journey. Please join us on May 16 at the Tsongas Center at UMass Lowell for the 2015 Commencement Ceremony.
Order Academic Regalia
The deadline for faculty regalia rentals is Wednesday, April 22, 2015.
Caps and gowns are required for faculty who wish to march and sit with the platform party. If you wish to rent academic regalia, contact the bookstore to place your order. Orders placed after the deadline cannot be guaranteed. Please note: There can be no refunds once the order is shipped from the cap and gown company.
Thank you to those faculty who have agreed to serve as faculty marshals. Each marshal should encourage members of their department to participate in the academic procession at commencement. In addition, faculty marshals will be asked to assist with faculty line-up.
Faculty who served as the primary adviser for PhD candidates are invited to "hood" their candidate(s) during the Commencement ceremony. Seats will be reserved for hooding faculty on the platform. Please contact Debbie White via email or phone at 978-937-2173 for instructions.
Commencement Day Schedule for Faculty
- 7:00 a.m. Parking is available at the Wannalancit Parking lot for all faculty and staff.
- 7:30 a.m. Chancellor's Breakfast - all faculty, staff and special guests are invited to attend in tent on the back lawn of the Tsongas Center
- 8:30 a.m. Faculty will be asked to robe and begin moving to the line-up area for the procession. Look for the “faculty” sign adjacent to the Tsongas.
- 9:00 a.m. Student Processional begins
- Noon Lunch for faculty, staff, and special guests are invited to attend in tent on the back lawn of the Tsongas Center.
- 1:00 p.m. Parking is available in the Wannalancit Parking lot for all faculty and staff.
- 2:00 p.m. Faculty will be asked to robe and begin moving to the line-up area for the procession. Look for the “faculty” sign adjacent to the Tsongas.
- 2:30 p.m. Student Processional begins