Flu Shot Clinics
Flu Shot Clinics to be offered in October and November to the entire campus community by Maxim Health Services. All students, faculty, and staff are welcome. The clinics will be held:
- 10/9 10 a.m. – 2 p.m. O’Leary Library first floor
- 10/21 10 a.m. - 2 p.m. Cumnock Auditorium
- 11/26 10 a.m. - 2 p.m. Costello Gymnasium
Maxim will directly bill most health insurance plans including Mass Health and the Massachusetts Group Health Insurance Plans. Bring your insurance card with you. No charge with most major medical insurance, $15 cash without acceptable insurance. For additional information please contact us
Updated: October 2014
If a student does contract the flu, we strongly recommend the following:
- Go home if possible
- Stay out of class until fever free (< 100◦F) for 24 hours without fever-reducing medicine.
- Consult with your health-care provider if you have any underlying chronic respiratory, cardiac or neurological conditions that might cause complications.
- Notify all professors via email about absence.
- If possible, try to keep up with academic work by reading assignments and accessing lecture capture if available via computer.
- Students will not need a note excusing their absence.
- For detailed information on how to care for yourself please read: “Flu: What You Can Do; Caring for People at Home” (pdf).
Residential students remaining on campus who are ill should:
- Self-isolate in their room, avoiding all common areas, especially the dining hall.
- Contact their RA to make arrangements for food and fluids to be delivered to their room.
- Drink plenty of fluids to stay hydrated and get plenty of rest.
- Wear a mask when using shared bathrooms. Supplies are available in each residence.
- Keep in frequent contact with family.
Call Emergency Medical Services at 978-934-2911 for any serious symptoms, including:
- Rapid heart rate
- Shortness of breath or difficulty breathing
- Fever greater than 104◦F that cannot be reduced with by fever-reducing medicines
- Sudden dizziness or confusion
- Severe chest or abdominal pain
With a strong community effort we hope to have a healthy start to the semester.