Classes as a Non-Degree Student
Students with bachelor's degrees from accredited institutions may be eligible to enroll as non degree students for a total of 12 credits prior to matriculating into formal graduate degree programs. Generally, students must formally apply to graduate certificate programs before enrolling in graduate courses intended for specific certificate programs.
Note: In some cases, a student may take only six credits prior to matriculating into a formal graduate degree program. Check program descriptions or contact your graduate coordinators for more information.
Choosing Graduate Courses
- UMass Lowell graduate courses are held on campus, off campus and online. All Graduate Course descriptions are available in the Graduate Catalog.
- Graduate courses currently being offered are listed by semester at the Registrar’s course schedule site.
- Directions to off campus course locations are provided here.
Hold Flags (Service Indicators)
Service Indicators are used to help process a student's administrative records to facilitate registration. If you have a hold on your account this will prevent you from registering. Below are some of the common holds for a graduate student.
Registering for Graduate Courses
- Returning Matriculating Students
If you are a returning student, please register for courses through the iSiS self-service system. iSiS provides information for first-time users.
- All Accepted Students
If you are a new student registering for courses, it is strongly recommended that students choose classes with the assistance of an advisor during walk-in registration nights.
- Matriculating Students in Intercampus Programs
Contact: Lauren Dufresne 978-934-2257.