Information for Matriculated Students
FACTS AT A GLANCE
- There are over 400 matriculated students in the Graduate School of Education.
- There are approximately 70 Students who have declared the undergraduate education minor.
- A new STEM teaching minor began in spring 2012.
- In 2011 (the most recent published date) 57 candidates completed initial teacher preparation programs. All of the candidates (100%) passed the Communication and Literacy and subject area tests.
- Graduate education students are represented by the Graduate Student Organization.
- The administration of the GSE is overseen by the Dean (Anita Greenwood), the Director of Educator Preparation Programs (Vera Ossen) and the Chair (Jay Simmons).
- The Tsongas Industrial History Center (Sheila Kirschbaum, Director), is an informal education center housed in the Boott Mill, Lowell and is a partnership between the Graduate School of Education and the National Park Service Lowell National Historical Park.
- The GSE has thirteen tenure track faculty, three clinical faculty, two lecturers and a small number of adjuncts.
- There are four Teaching Assistants who teach and assist with GSE courses.
- The GSE's research expenditures are greater than $1.4 million annually.
- Over 300 alumni donate to GSE scholarships annually.
Links to the following information: