Grades & Transcripts
After your grades are submitted by the faculty, we calculate your grade point average (G.P.A.) and record them on your transcript.
University of Massachusetts Lowell has authorized the National Student Clearinghouse to provide enrollment and degree verifications. The National Student Clearinghouse can be contacted at:
|Mail: National Student Clearinghouse
2300 Dulles Station Boulevard, Suite 300
Herndon, VA 20171
Defining a Credit Hour
The University of Massachusetts Lowell adheres to the Federal regulation which defines a credit hour as an amount of work represented in intended learning outcomes and verified by evidence of student achievement that is an institutional established equivalence that reasonably approximates not less than
- One hour of classroom or direct faculty instruction and a minimum of two hours of out of class student work each week for approximately fifteen weeks for one semester or trimester hour of credit, or ten to twelve weeks for one quarter hour of credit, or the equivalent amount of work over a different amount of time; or
- At least an equivalent amount of work as required in paragraph (1) of this definition for other academic activities as established by the institution including laboratory work, internships, practica, studio work, and other academic work leading to the award of credit hours.
For students who are not currently enrolled or graduated, Transcript Request Forms (pdf) are available online and in the Registrar's Office. Transcripts may also be requested in writing to the Registrar's Office at the address given below or faxed to 978-934-4076. Written requests should include:
- Dates of attendance.
- Student identification or social security number.
- Full name while in attendance.
- Full address of where you want transcript(s) forwarded.
- Requests will be processed within 3-5 business days. During peak times, requests may take 7-10 business days.
Students currently enrolled may print unofficial transcripts or request official transcripts through the iSiS Student Self-Service. UMass Lowell does not provide transcripts to anyone with an outstanding obligation to the University.
There is no charge for transcripts.