Information for Matriculated Students
Facts at a Glance
- There are over 400 matriculated students in the Graduate School of Education.
- There are approximately 70 Students who have declared the undergraduate education minor.
- A new STEM teaching minor began in spring 2012.
- In 2013, 43 candidates completed initial teacher preparation programs.
- Graduate education students are represented by the Graduate Student Organization.
- The administration of the GSE is overseen by Anita Greenwood (Dean), Vera Ossen (Director of Accreditation and Program Approvals), Jay Simmons (Faculty Chair), Charmaine Hickey (Licensure Officer), Patricia Fontaine and Phitsamay Uy (Graduate Coordinators), John Brown (Undergraduate Minor Coordinator).
- The Tsongas Industrial History Center (Sheila Kirschbaum, Director), is an informal education center housed in the Boott Mill, Lowell and is a partnership between the Graduate School of Education and the National Park Service Lowell National Historical Park.
- The GSE has 13 tenure track faculty, four clinical, non-tenure faculty, and a small number of adjunct faculty.
- There are two Teaching Assistants who teach and assist with GSE courses.
- The GSE's research expenditures are greater than $1.4 million annually.
- Over 300 alumni donate to GSE scholarships annually.
Links to the following information: