Read about some of the exciting study abroad programs and relationship building initiatives taking place at UMass Lowell through our faculty and student blogs!
Current Program Blogs
- Innovation and Entrepreneurship in India with the Manning School of Business. Professors Ashwin Mehta and Deborah Finch lead undergraduate, graduate and PhD students to collaborate with students at partner institution, BVB College of Engineering & Technology in Hubli, India.
Previous Program Blogs
- Prof. George Chigas: Developing our study abroad program with Pannasastra University of Cambodia (PUC) in Penh, Cambodia.
- Criminal Justice students learn about security studies in Macau with Prof. Saravara.
- UMass Lowell Study Abroad Greece: a two-week intensive class that combines traditional teaching with interactive tours of Athens and Delphi.
- School of Health & Environment (SHE), Nurses go to Chile for a Global Health Experience with Prof. Valerie King.
- Manning School of Business, International & Comparative Management in Barcelona, Spain with Prof. Silvia Salas.
- Writing about place, Dublin, Ireland: English department faculty, Jonathan Silverman and UMass Lowell students in Dublin, Ireland with Dublin City University's Mater Dei Institute faculty Michael Hinds.
- Crime, Law, Asset Protection in Asia: Hong Kong. Criminal Justice students go Hong Kong's City U. with professor Stephen Saravara.
- Manning School of Business/College of Health Sciences (nursing), Innovation & Entrepreneurship in India with MSB Prof. Ashwin Mehta and Prof. Deborah Finch.
- Psychology and Nursing students head to Athens, Greece to study Culture and Psychology with professor Andrew Hostetler and reside at partner school, American College Greece.
- The Manning School of Business leads students to San Jose and Monteverde, Costa Rica with professors David Lewis and Deborah Finch to study Comparative Management.
- Fine Arts, Social Science and Humanities students immerse themselves in Comparative Arts & Seminar in Francophone Studies with professors Carole Salmon and Jennifer Cadero Gillette in Paris, France.
- Intensive Spanish Language and Culture: Students spend 3 to 6 weeks in Cadiz, Spain with professor Maria Matz to study at partner school University of Cadiz.
- English department students travel and study in London, England with professor Diana Archibald to explore literature and contribute to the Dickens Museum of London's "guide for American students".
- Music students travel to Tuscany, Italy with professor Brian O'Connell for a choral performance workshop.
A Global Vision for Global Citizens
UMass Lowell’s international partners enhance the breadth and depth of faculty research activities, represent student travel interests, and reflect the multi-cultural heritage of the Lowell community. By nurturing research relationships around the world, we increase the chances that we will innovate more efficiently and more effectively and in ways we could not have imagined otherwise.
Our global partners also reflect the University’s economic development efforts. By serving as a catalyst that connects companies and business leaders in our region to those around the world, we become an effective economic engine for our own community. We can help to strengthen industries in our region by helping them become global.
Perhaps most important of all, we feel that international collaboration contributes to world harmony. Institutions of higher education are not only readily able to foster better international communication and understanding through collaboration, but we believe it is also an important responsibility that institutions of higher education bear.