Becoming an EMT, It's Easier than You Think!
• The state course takes one semester (Fall, Spring, or Summer)
• If you are a full-time UMass Lowell Student, the course is free (minus the book and some inexpensive resources).
• You receive six free electives credits toward your degree at UMass Lowell.
• The UMass Lowell EMS cadet program allows you to ride in the trucks and train during your course. The program greatly improves your success in both the course and the state exam.
• We also provide some assistance in providing employment on a local ambulance company.
• Criminal Justice majors benefit by working directly with UMass Lowell Police Department, providing contacts, and giving you field experience.
• Nursing majors benefit by gaining patient interaction and contacts.
• Pre-Med./Bio. majors benefit by gaining medical knowledge and working under the Pre-Health Professions Adviser.
• All students benefit with resume building, financial compensation, on-campus networking, off-campus networking, leadership skills/opportunity, and many more.
Need to know more?