- When will my 1098-T Tax form be available?
1098-T Tuition Statements are available online in late January.
- Where can I find my 1098-T tax form online?
Students can access 1098-T tax forms online through iSiS. Once logged in, under the Finance Section, select View 1098-T and select the appropriate year.TOP
- What is the deadline for the 1098-T tax forms to be mailed to students?
By federal law, 1098-T forms must be issued by January 31.TOP
- What address will my 1098-T tax form be mailed to?
1098-T forms issued from UMass Lowell are mailed to the permanent address on record, as listed in iSiS.TOP
- Why is Box 1 blank?
Box 1 is left blank on all UMass Lowell 1098-T forms. Universities may choose whether to report payments received or amounts billed; they are not required to report both amounts. The University of Massachusetts has chosen to report qualified tuition and related expense amounts billed.TOP
- How do I obtain proof of payment for Box 1?
For a copy of your tuition and fees charges and payments, log in to iSiS
and go to Student Center > Finances > Account Summary > Appropriate Term > View Account Detail
You also may need to reference cancelled checks, bank statements or credit card statements to find these records.
- Can you send/fax a copy to my accountant?
For your protection, UMass Lowell cannot send or fax 1098-T forms directly to third parties.
The fastest way to obtain your 1098-T information is to visit iSiS
and print a copy to send/fax to your accountant. Log in to iSiS
, click Student Center
, click Finance
, select View 1098-T
and select the appropriate year.
- If I didn't receive or I lost my 1098-T, where can I get another one?
Log in to iSiS, click Student Center, click Finance, select View 1098-T and select the appropriate year.TOP
- Why didn't I receive a 1098-T?
There are several possibilities:
1. You attended UMass Lowell in the Spring, but you had enrolled and were billed the prior calendar year, meaning the information was included in last year's 1098-T.
2. The IRS does not require UMass Lowell to issue a 1098-T form if your scholarship and financial aid total exceeded the billed amount for tuition and qualified expenses.
3. You do not have a valid permanent address on file at UMass Lowell. To update your address, select Personal Portfolio menu once logged in to iSiS.
4. You do not have a valid SSN or TIN on file with the University.
5. You are classified as a nonresident alien.
- How do I compute my education tax credit?
Consult your tax professional or refer to the IRS website
IRS Telephone Assistance Hotline: 800-829-1040