By Ruth Medina
The EEM-EHS Department offers OSHA-BBP training to employees, students, faculty and staff that will work in laboratories or potentially will be in contact with blood, body fluids, tissues, biopsies, cell lines, or other potentially infectious materials of human origin. These workers considered at risk of occupational exposure to BBP, and require training, adequate personal protective equipment (PPE) and to be offered the Hepatitis B vaccination at no cost to them. OSHA-BBP training is valid for one year and workers at risk must attend training annually.
In addition, EEM-EHS offers Biosafety training to all laboratory workers that will handle any kind of biological agents. No pre-registration is required
Meeting Place: University Crossing, Training Room 158
Instructor: Ruth Medina, Biosafety Officer
Important: Additional training for groups can be requested by contacting the Biosafety Officer Ruth_Medina@uml.edu or calling the EEM-EHS office (4-2618)
Updated 2014 Dates
- Thursday, Sept. 11 at 10 a.m.
- Thursday, Sept. 18 at 10 a.m. and 1 p.m.
- Wednesday, Oct. 15 at 10 a.m.
- Thursday, Nov. 20 at 10 a.m.
- Thursday, Dec. 18 at 10 a.m.
Updated 2015 Dates
Thursday, Jan. 15 at 10 a.m.
Wednesday, Jan. 21 at 10 a.m. and 1 p.m.
- Wednesday, Feb. 11 at 10 a.m.
- Wednesday, March 11 at 10 a.m.
- Wednesday, April 15 at 10 a.m.
- Wednesday, May 13 at 10 a.m.
- Wednesday, June 17 at 10 a.m.