The Center for Community Research and Engagement promotes healthy, productive, and sustainable communities through research and scholarship, technical assistance, program development, partnership formation, and funding from public and private sources.
To accomplish this mission we:
* Identify needs and mobilizes resources, on campus and in the broader community
* Establish links among and between faculty, staff, and students and community, government and business stakeholders to carry out collaborative research projects
* Provide resources and support to ensure the success of community partnerships
* Enhance student learning and networking through community engaged education
* Connect the university community with community service and research opportunities that contribute to sustainable regional development
* Develop, manage and evaluate community-university programs
We engage in reciprocal relationships with local communities and participate wholeheartedly in life beyond our campus. We believe in the importance of multidirectional learning and the creative and responsive application of knowledge. We are committed to addressing community challenges collaboratively through high-quality research and scholarship, and through appropriate and creative applications of knowledge. We further believe that students engaged in community research and service learn how to work more collaboratively and effectively in a variety of different settings, and contribute more productively and respectfully to civic life in a diverse democratic society.