* M E D I A A D V I S O R Y *
Grammy Winner Phil Ramone Addresses International Art of Production
Conference at UMass Lowell This Weekend
Friday, Nov. 14
WHAT: Grammy Award winner and world-renowned record producer Phil Ramone will deliver the keynote address at the fourth International Art of Record Production Conference hosted by UMass Lowell’s Sound Recording Technology and Music Business programs Nov. 14 through Nov. 16. This is the first time the conference will be held in the U.S., and it will showcase the University’s state-of-the-art equipment and facilities.
Ramone has worked with artists like Madonna, Paul McCartney and Frank Sinatra and produced the first CD ever pressed, Billy Joel’s “52nd Street.” An Emmy winner, Ramone has also produced film, Broadway and TV, including “Flashdance,” “Ghostbusters” and “Seussical the Musical.” For the keynote address at the conference on Friday, Nov. 14, Ramone will be interviewed by Maureen Droney, executive director of the Producers and Engineers Wing at the Recording Academy.
Events at this year’s conference also include:
* Producers panel roundtable ߝ moderated by MIX magazine editor Sarah Jones, featuring producers Steven Epstein, Nathaniel Kunkel, Elliot Scheiner and Paul Miller;
* Conference theme panel ߝ “The Recording Studio as Musical Instrument;”
* Industry panel ߝ “Producer Compensation Today and Tomorrow,” moderated by Richard James Burgess with panelists Droney, Mike Howlett (chairman of the U.K. Music Producer’s Guild);
* Presentations on the art of record production;
* Workshops in UMass Lowell’s Critical Listening Studio;
* “Unraveling the Mix” sessions using multi-track masters on an API “Vision” console.
WHERE: Keynote address: Doubletree Hotel, 50 Warren St., Lowell. Conference: Durgin Hall, UML South, 35 Wilder St., Lowell. For directions and parking information, contact the Office of Public Affairs.
For more information, contact firstname.lastname@example.org or 978-934-3224