Faculty Research & Publications
The UMass Lowell Accounting faculty engages in research projects, many of which result in publications. Seven members of the accounting faculty published the following 15 articles in respected journals:
- Accounting Horizons, “Was Dodd-Frank Justified in Exempting Small Firms from Section 404b Compliance?," Khondkar Karim.
- Accounting Review, “Monitoring by Auditors: The Case of Public Housing Authorities," Stefanie Tate.
- Advances in Accounting, “A Content Analysis of the Comment Letters to the FASB and IASB: Accounting For Contingencies," Khondkar Karim and Karen Lin.
- Advances in Quantitative Analysis of Finance and Accounting, “Does Increased Regulation and Legislation Improve the 8-K Reporting Behavior of Firms," Khondkar Karim.
- Business Education Forum, “The Impact of Financial Reporting Standards on U.S. Accounting Education," Khondkar Karim.
- Contemporary Accounting Research, “Corporate Governance and Earnings Management by Classification Shifting," Annie Li.
- CPA Journal, “Acquiring, Starting, or Buying Into a CPA Firm," Charles Feeney.
- CPA Journal, “Loss Contingencies Face Controversy in Convergence: Amendments to SFAS 5 and LAS 37 Are Rethought Amid Criticism," Khondkar Karim.
- Critical Perspectives on Accounting, “Ambiguous but Tethered: An Accounting Basis for Sustainability Reporting," George Joseph.
- Internal Auditing, “What Does the Dodd-Frank Act Mean for The Accounting Profession?," Khondkar Karim and Karen Lin.
- Journal of International Business Research, “International Copper Futures Market Price Linkage and Information Transmission: Empirical Evidence from the Primary World Copper Markets," Khondkar Karim.
- Mustang Journal of Accounting and Finance, “Statement of Financial Position Presentations: Differences Among U.S. Public Companies and Between U.S. and International Public Companies," Monty Carter and Stefanie Tate.
- Research in Accounting Regulation, “Has Form 8-K Reporting Become Timelier Post-regulation Fair Disclosure and Sarbanes-Oxley?: Initial Evidence," Khondkar Karim.
- Review of Pacific Basin Financial Markets and Policies, “Do Firms Comply with the Shorter Form 8-K Reporting Deadlines?: Initial Evidence on the Effectiveness of the SEC’s 2004 Current Report Rule," Khondkar Karim.
- Review of Quantitative Finance and Accounting, “Searching for Value Relevance of Book Value and Earning: A Case of Premium Versus Discount Firms," Khondkar Karim.