Fast Track MS Program for Licensed RN Baccalaureate Students
Valerie King, DNP FNP-BC
This program is offered to outstanding RN nursing students enrolled in the UMass Lowell undergraduate BS program enabling them to earn two degrees in five years. While a baccalaureate student, several designated courses (6 credits) can be taken in the master's program. When the B.S. Degree is awarded, students can enter the master's degree program if they have a minimum 3.5 cumulative grade point average.
RN students in the baccalaureate program in nursing may apply for admission to the combined bachelor’s/master’s degree in nursing at the end of their junior year or the beginning of their senior year.
Admission requirements to the Combined Bachelor’s/Master’s Program for RN students include:
- An undergraduate GPA of 3.5 or better at the end of the junior year
- Introductory course in statistics
- An interview with graduate nursing faculty
- Three letters of recommendation, with two from Baccalaureate Faculty
- Experience working as an RN
- Computer literacy
- A brief statement on a separate sheet of paper indicating your immediate and and long-range goals, relevant work history, academic honors/awards received, and your professional aspirations as an advanced-practice nurse
- A resume
- Official transcripts
- Must have 30 credits of undergraduate work at UMass Lowell toward B.S. Degree
- Allowed to take up to 6 graduate credits (500 Level or above) while completing senior year and these credits count for both degrees
- No GRE required
Acceptance to the MS program will be made pending successful completion of the baccalaureate program with a cumulative GPA of 3.5 or better.
Applications for the master’s program may be obtained through the Graduate Admissions office in Dugan Hall or online.