Do not allow students to begin working until you receive an electronic copy (via email) of a contract.
• Students have been told to log into JobHawk
to apply for jobs.
• Please make sure you have posted your jobs in JobHawk
for students to apply for them.
• Please go through the normal interview process. Share your job descriptions with the student and be honest about your expectations.
• If you choose to hire a student, report the hire in JobHawk
. This is the only way we can approve a contract for your students.
• Once the Student Employment Office (SEO) reviews the hire request to make sure student has turned in all employment documents and is not already placed in another position, we will send you and the student an electronic copy of the contract. This is your "cue" this student is approved to work.
• The contract is for your records. It does not need to be signed or returned to the SEO.