Student Employee of the Year and National Student Employment Week
Student Employee of the Year
Student Employee of the Year (generally abbreviated "SEOTY") is an annual event that takes place during Student Employment Week. Its purpose is to recognize the outstanding achievements and contributions of students who work while attending college. Each year, nominees are first chosen at the institutional level, and from there, they have the ability to move up the ranks through the district, regional, and eventually up to the national level.
In 2012/2013, our UML Student Employee of the Year, Diana Davis, was named Massachusetts Student Employee of the Year. She was awarded a $100 cash prize from the NSEA.
Student Employment Week
Student Employee Week is another annual event that ties in closely with SEOTY. During this week, student employees are generally treated to treats from their employeers, ranging from grab-bags containing sweets to full-blown pizza parties.
Dates and Deadlines:
Dates for 2014 have yet to be determined. For 2013, they were as follows:
- 2/15/2013: SEOTY nominations are due to the campus Student Employment office
- 3/1/2013: Notification of campus winers is due to the Regional Chair.
- 3/15/2013: Regional Coordinators submit the regional winners to the NSEA VP of Membership Services.
- 3/25/2013 - 3/29/2013: National Student Employee of the Year is selected and winner's school notified by NSEA president.
- 4/7/2013 - 4/13/2013: National Student Employment Week observed. National SEOTY winner announced and runner-up finalists notified. National SEOTY award is presented at winner's campus.