The Planning Division works collaboratively with the University community — administration, deans, faculty and students — to guide the ongoing evolution of the physical campus environment, collect and maintain facility information, accommodate growth needs, and improve existing facilities. Our goal is to carry out this work in a manner that is environmentally sustainable and sensitive to our immediate neighbors and the wider Lowell community.
Key activities include:
- Campus Planning: Provides a university-wide, long-term planning context for decisions about campus growth and evolution
- Space Planning: Focuses on identifying space needs, conducting feasibility studies, and providing programming and design oversight to support appropriately-sized and up-to-date facilities
- Transportation Planning: Looks at travel to and between campuses with the goals of improving mobility, safety and service, and increasing sustainability
- Energy Resources and Sustainability: Incorporates sustainability and energy efficiency into long-term planning, operations and management of campus facilities
- Real Estate Services: Evaluation of real estate opportunities to support growth needs of the University and local and regional economic development goals