Our mission is to foster an inviting and fun way for students who are interested in history to meet one another and socialize. We also seek to help our students explore post-graduate educational and employment opportunities. At times, we also host events that help to educate the UMass Lowell community about historical events and people.
Typical activities include: trips to King Richard's Faire in Carver, MA; a "History and Hockey" night at the Tsongas Arena; sponsorship at a booth at the UMass Lowell Family Day and Fall Festival; a lecture about admission to, and funding for, graduate school programs in History; and the traditional end-of-semester party for graduating seniors.
Events in fall 2013 included:
- Sept. 4 - Ice Cream Social for both faculty and students, to kick off the new year
- Oct. 4 - Neo-Victorian Tea Party, with a period-themed bake sale
- Oct. 12 - Booth at UML Family Day, to promote the History Club
- Oct. 30 - History of Halloween costume party, with remarks by Prof. Carlsmith, Prof. Pratschke, and Prof. Pierson
- Nov. 18 - "Meet the Historian" with Prof. Pratschke
History Club Officers for 2013-14
- President: Meghan Chapman
- Vice President: Evan Giannakas
- Treasurer: Arthur Lisek-Koper
- Secretary: Alexa Queenan
Faculty Advisor: Prof. Michael Pierson