Book It Instructions
In order to request a room reservation, first sign in
with your @uml.edu credentials by clicking on the Sign In button in the upper right-hand corner of the Book It landing page. (Note: the application works best in Google Chrome.)
Review the University's Reservation Policy.
The event wizard is broken into three "cards:"
Once logged in, click the Create an Event
button in the center of the page. Required fields are marked with an asterisk (*). They are:
- Event Name (limited to 40 characters).
- Event Title for Publication (120 characters). This is the name that will appear in the University calendar.
- Event Type (for example meeting, conference, colloquium-forum-panel, dates and deadlines, etc.)
- Event Date and Time (actual start and end time for the event, which will appear on the University calendar). There is an option to include setup and takedown times as well.
- Expected Head Count, which helps ensure that your event is booked in an appropriate space. Enter 0 for Dates & Deadlines.
- Preferred Event Location, the space where you'd like to have your event. Every effort will be accommodate requests, but if requests can't be met, the events office will suggest alternative locations. (NOTE: If you are submitting a "virtual" event to the calendar (such as a deadline), choose UML-INFO as your preferred location; you can also choose off-campus as a location.)
- Primary Organization (or Department Sponsor). Choosing the appropriate organization will allow your department's events to appear on your department calendar, if your website has one.
- Event Contact for information prior to the event and/or on site on the day of the event.
There is also a field for event comments and instructions, which will not be published to the University calendar.
At the bottom of the first page, click Next, to proceed to Need It!
On Need It!
search and select resources you might need for your event. If you don't need any resources, search No Resources in the search box and chose No Resources.
At the bottom of the second page, click Next, to proceed to Announce It!
On Announce It!
, you can enter your Event Description, as you would like it to appear in the University calendar and choose Event Categories to further classify your event. Be sure to include public contact information for those wishing to attend or who might have questions about your event.