Minor in Nuclear Science & Engineering (NSE)
What is it?
- Offered by the College of Engineering
- Set of four required core courses, plus two elective courses (total 18 credits)
- The net additional course work varies from a minimum of TWO to a maximum of SIX additional courses
Why should I enroll in this?
- Provides key competency in a rapidly growing interdisciplinary area
- Provices students with some focused training in nuclear fundamentals that can help the nuclear industry face current and future technical challenges
- Provides a competitive advantage when searching for employment
- Successful completion of this minor will allow you to transition into doctoral programs
Courses for a Minor in Nuclear Science & Engineering
For the latest course information please refer to the UMass Lowell online academic catalog.
How do I enroll in this minor?
- File a Declaration of Minor form with your College before registering for 300 level courses
- Indicate your intention to pursue this Minor with your Faculty Advisor (John_White@uml.edu; 978-934-3165)
- Immediately after registering for the final courses which complete the minor, file an academic petition with the Office of Enrollment Services approved by your College.