A graduate in Chemistry will be expected to be able to:
- Understand and apply calculations needed in the chemical sciences for preparing and analyzing solutions and samples.
- Master common laboratory analytical techniques and skills needed for the qualitative and quantitative identification of unknown chemical samples.
- Understand how light and electromagnetic radiation interacts with matter and how this can be used to analyze chemical samples.
- Read scientific papers and instructions and use this information to carry out experiments.
- Work in teams to perform scientific experiments.
- Write scientific reports and prepare appropriate graphs of data.