Department of Clinical Laboratory & Nutritional Sciences
The Department of Clinical Laboratory and Nutritional Sciences offers two majors, Clinical Laboratory Sciences and Nutritional Science, which lead to a Bachelor of Science degree. For additional information visit the Department of Clinical Laboratory & Nutritional Sciences or contact us.
The mission of Clinical Laboratory and Nutritional Sciences is to promote health by fostering critical and scientific thinking through teaching Clinical Laboratory and Nutritional Sciences theory and practice in the classroom and in applied education settings; and promoting scholarship in Clinical Laboratory and Nutritional Sciences in the discovery, application and dissemination of knowledge.
- To prepare graduates to serve as part of a health care or industrial team.
- To prepare graduates to assume responsibility for their own continued personal and professional growth.
- To educate professional practitioners who will be able to provide evaluative services which will assist individuals in maintaining a better quality of life.
The objectives of the program are to prepare entry-level Clinical Laboratory and Nutritional Scientists to:
- select and provide analytical and evaluative services based on scientific theory
- effectively assess and correlate the results of their efforts
- demonstrate leadership skills of accountability, delegation, education and supervision.