Commit To Be Fit
The goal of our Commit to be Fit program is to encourage participants to start to develop lifelong habits that will lead to healthier and happier lives. We will educate each individual on the importance of good exercise, nutrition and leading a balanced lifestyle. This program is suitable for al whether you want to:
- lose weight
- work on your cardiovascular health
- gain strength
There are three different competitions: weight loss, personalized fitness performance (cardiovascular health), and strength gain. Note: This program is open to students, faculty, staff, and CRC members.
This 12-week program includes monthly check-in where we record your weight, body fat percentage and also have participants sit down with personal trainers to work on attainable goal setting and progress.
Participants receive points for improvements in their fitness levels as well as working out at the CRC, attending group fitness or instructional classes, attending wellness workshops on exercise and nutrition topics, playing Intramural Sports, completing a diet record of what they eat, or even attending an Outdoor Adventure trip.
- Students: $25
- Faculty/Staff/CRC Members: $35
Spring 2015 Check-In Dates
- Tuesday, Feb. 3: 4:30 - 6:30 p.m.
- Tuesday, March 3: 4:30 - 6:30 p.m.
- Tuesday, March 31: 4:30 - 6:30 p.m.
- Tuesday, April 21: 4:30 - 6:30 p.m.
Note: all check-ins will be held inside the Campus Recreation Meeting Room (located across from racquetball courts). If you are unable to make the scheduled check-ins on the dates/times listed above, you may set up alternate times to complete your check-ins. You just need to contact Diana Davis a few days before each weigh in to set up an alternate time!
Educational Wellness Workshops
Spring 2015 Workshops will all be held in the meeting room at the CRC.
- Wednesday, March 4: 5:30 - 6:30 p.m., Aerobic Training with Jenna Nickerson
- Learn the benefits of aerobic/cardio training.
- Thursday, March 5: 6 - 7 p.m., Bettering Your Health Through Sports with Brooke Sousa
- Learn how playing can help you stay fit and active while making friends and building confidence.
- Tuesday, March 10: 6 - 7 p.m., The Benefits of Yoga with Jessica Lynch
- Learn the benefits yoga can bring to the body and mind during this workshop. (15-20 minute lecture followed by a guided 40-45 minutes yoga practice).
- Wednesday March 25: 5:30 - 6:30 p.m., The Effects of Alcohol with Linda Adoniou from Counseling Services
- Learn and discuss the effects alcohol has on the mind, body, and exercise performance.
Thursday, March 26: 5:30 - 6:30 p.m., Programming Your Goals with Diana Davis and Michael Dellogono
Thursday, April 2: 5:30 - 6:30 p.m., Fitness Myth Busters with Anna Mazza and Shelly Santos
Personal trainers and interns will be hosting wellness workshops on various fitness/wellness topics to help educate the participants. If you have a request please contact Diana Davis
To register for the spring 2015 program please collect a packet from the Campus Recreation Center Welcome Desk or Riverview Fitness Center. The cost is $25 for students and $35 for staff/faculty/members no matter what competition you are entering. Please register by the first check-in (Tues., Feb. 3), and be sure to sign up for a check-in time with the staff.
For more information on this program, please contact Diana Davis at Diana_Davis@uml.edu or 978-934-6475.