Strategies for Success
Strategies for Success is a one-day program presented each August by the Centers for Learning. It is designed to provide first-year and transfer students with a tool kit of skills that will assist them in making a successful transition to UMass Lowell. This collaborative program combines the expertise of faculty, professional staff and current students to give incoming students practical advice and insight that will improve the quality of their academic experience. The workshops provide an in-depth orientation to UMass Lowell's academic support services with seminars on study skills, academic policies, and using iSiS - the University's electronic registration system.
By attending Strategies for Success, students will benefit by:
- Getting to know faculty members.
- Knowing what to expect in courses.
- Becoming familiar with course syllabi and expectations.
- Learning skills that help with note-taking, time management and reading comprehension.
- Understanding how to access iSiS.
- Increasing awareness of academic policies and procedures.
- Meeting current students who will share insights on life at UMass Lowell.
The Strategies for Success program is organized by colleges and majors, so that information is focused on specific areas of study.
Dates for the 2014 Strategies for Success Program will be announced in spring 2014.