University Day Classes Canceled, Thursday, January 29
Because of weather conditions, day classes are canceled at UMass Lowell on Thursday, Jan. 29, 2015. Evening classes resume at 6 p.m. on Thursday evening. The parking ban ends at 5 a.m., Jan. 29. All administration and staff are to report as scheduled.
- All members of the UMass Lowell community are urged to use caution when traveling throughout campus - particularly when walking through parking areas - as heavy equipment and trucks continue to remove snow from surface lots and roadways.
- Campus transportation - shuttles will be available beginning at 7:30 a.m., Jan. 29.
- Read more about parking below. North Campus and University Crossing take note.
- Dining - dining halls on South Campus, Fox Hall and at the UMass Lowell Inn & Conference Center will remain open (see details about these and other venues below).
- The Campus Recreation Center on East Campus and the fitness center inside Riverview Suites residence hall will be open from 10 a.m. to 11 p.m. on Thursday, Jan. 29.
- The Tsongas Center is open Thursday, Jan. 29.
- Administration and staff are to report to work for regularly scheduled hours.
- University Libraries will be open as regularly scheduled.
Campus Dining Hours
Thursday, January 29
UMass Lowell Inn & Conference Center dining and Mill City are open from 10 a.m. to 7 p.m.
University Dining Commons is open 10 a.m. to 8 p.m.
Crossroads Cafe is open 8 a.m. to 4 p.m.
Starbucks outlets on North and South Campus are open 8 a.m. to 7 p.m.
POD Market and Sal's Pizza are open 4 p.m. to 1 a.m.
These retail and late-night outlets are closed: Southwick Food Court, Einstein Bros, Ball POD Express, Subway, Taco Bell, Hawk’s Nest East, Rowdy Zone, and Hawk’s Nest South .
Cancellations and Information
The UMass Lowell website is the primary location for all updates on University operations during closures. To receive e-mail or text messages about weather-related cancellations, sign up for alerts. You may also call 978-934-2121 or ext. 4-2121 for information. Cancellations will also be posted on Facebook and Twitter. For information about whether an event at the Tsongas Center at UMass Lowell will be held as scheduled, please call 978-934-5760. You can opt out of the text alerts by texting STOP to 67283 or 226787.
Campus Transportation Services
For the safety of drivers and passengers, Campus Transportation, including university buses and shuttles, does not operate when the University is closed because of weather conditions. Find us on Facebook for updates.
Thursday, January 29
Shuttles will be available beginning at 7:30 a.m. for all persons that need transportation between campuses.
Campus Recreation Center
When the university is closed on a weekday because of inclement weather, the Campus Recreation Center typically has a delayed opening at 10 a.m. and closes at the regularly scheduled time. If the university is closed on a weekend, hours of operation remain the same. There are rare instances when the CRC may need to close or operate at a different schedule than stated here. If there is a parking ban in effect, then the CRC lot will be closed. Find us on Facebook to receive updates as they become available. For all of the CRC’s regularly scheduled hours of operation and related policies, visit www.uml.edu/CRChours.
Tsongas Center at UMass Lowell
For information about whether a future event at the Tsongas Center at UMass Lowell will be held as scheduled, please call 978-934-5760.
Thursday, January 29 - The Tsongas Center will be open.
Members of the UMass Lowell community can be notified of cancellations and closings by phone, text or e-mail. Sign up for the RAVE System. Log in using your University e-mail address and password. Cancellation information is also available by calling 978-934-2121 or ext. 4-2121. You can opt out of the text alerts by texting STOP to 67283 or 226787.
In the event of a snow emergency, the University may invoke an on-campus parking ban
to allow for plowing of University lots.
Thursday, January 29
North Campus parking garage is closed. Employees will be directed to park in the Riverside and Costello surface lots for Thursday only. South Campus parking - all lots available as assigned. University Crossing employees who park in the Fletcher lot will be allowed to park in the new Pawtucket Street metered lot for Thursday only.