University Closed Due to Winter Storm
Because of weather conditions, UMass Lowell will be closed from 3:30 p.m. on Monday, Jan. 26 through Wednesday, Jan. 28, 2015. All classes and activities are canceled. A parking ban will start at 5 p.m. on Monday, Jan. 26. Essential personnel are to report as directed.
- Residential students who are able to go home safely may wish to consider doing so.
- Campus transportation is now closed and will remain closed Tuesday and Wednesday.
- Dining halls on South Campus, Fox Hall and at the UMass Lowell Inn & Conference Center will remain open. Late-night convenience shops inside Fox Hall will remain open until 10 p.m. on Monday, Jan. 26. All other retail outlets, including those inside University Crossing, will be closed.
- No UMass Lowell Athletics Department practices will be held and the Tsongas Center at UMass Lowell will be closed on Tuesday, Jan. 27.
- The Campus Recreation Center on East Campus and the fitness center inside Riverview Suites residence hall will be open Monday night, Jan. 26 and will be open from 10 a.m. to 11 p.m. on Tuesday, Jan. 27.
- Essential personnel working during the duration of the storm may get their meals at University Dining at Fox Hall.
- The Martin Luther King Celebration Dinner scheduled for Wednesday, Jan. 28 has been canceled.
Cancellations and Information
The UMass Lowell website is the primary location for all updates on University operations during closures. To receive e-mail or text messages about weather-related cancellations, sign up for alerts. You may also call 978-934-2121 or ext. 4-2121 for information. Cancellations will also be posted on Facebook and Twitter. For information about whether an event at the Tsongas Center at UMass Lowell will be held as scheduled, please call 978-934-5760. You can opt out of the text alerts by texting STOP to 67283 or 226787.
Campus Transportation Services
For the safety of drivers and passengers, Campus Transportation, including university buses and shuttles, does not operate when the University is closed because of weather conditions. Find us on Facebook for updates.
Campus Recreation Center
When the University is closed on a weekday because of inclement weather, the Campus Recreation Center typically has a delayed opening at 10 a.m. and closes at the regularly scheduled time. If the University is closed on a weekend, hours of operation remain the same. There are rare instances when the CRC may need to close or operate at a different schedule than stated here. Find us on Facebook to receive updates as they become available. For all of the CRC’s regularly scheduled hours of operation and related policies, visit www.uml.edu/CRChours.
Tsongas Center at UMass Lowell
For information about whether an event at the Tsongas Center at UMass Lowell will be held as scheduled, please call 978-934-5760.
Members of the UMass Lowell community can be notified of cancellations and closings by phone, text or e-mail. Sign up for the RAVE System. Log in using your University e-mail address and password. Cancellation information is also available by calling 978-934-2121 or ext. 4-2121. You can opt out of the text alerts by texting STOP to 67283 or 226787.
In the event of a snow emergency, the University may invoke an on-campus parking ban
to allow for plowing of University lots.