Learning with Purpose
At UMass Lowell we deliver high-quality educational programs, challenging experiential learning opportunities and personal attention from leading faculty and staff. Our affordable price enables you, unburdened by high debt, to have more choice in your career. Our graduates leave UMass Lowell ready for work, for life and for all the world offers.
learning with purpose.
High-quality Educational Programs
- US News and World Report ranks the campus among the top 200 research universities in the country
- The London Times ranked the University of Massachusetts system 19 in the world based on reputation for teaching and research
- Forbes ranked UMass Lowell among the top 500 undergraduate colleges in the country
- Every professional program at UMass Lowell is accredited by the most prestigious organization in its field.
Learning by Doing
- Internships, co-ops, clinical experiences, research and service learning projects enable students to bridge the gap between understanding a concept and applying it
- Students work in professional settings, address real problems and develop real skills that enrich their education and expand their resumes
Personal Attention from Leading Faculty and Staff
- Our faculty is committed to teaching, and the University is committed to helping professors be accessible to their students
- A February 2010 study by Mass. Inc. found that our 14:1 student-faculty ratio is better per dollar of cost than that at any other university – public or private in – Massachusetts
- 56 percent of our undergraduate classes enroll fewer than 20 students
- 94 percent of faculty members hold the highest degree available in their respective fields
- On average, UMass Lowell is one-half to one-third the cost of comparable private institutions
- Payscale.com reports that UMass Lowell graduates earn the highest mid-career salaries of alumni from any public campus in New England
- That's a terrific investment!